|Centre for Media and Communication Research
|Dr Sharon Jacqueline a/p Albert Wilson (UTAR profile)
|Description of Centre:
|The Centre for Media and Communications Research aims:
- To be the referral center that serves as a telescope on media and society and bringing the attitudes and behaviour into clearer focus while promoting its role in new media pedagogy and innovative media solutions.
- To increase coverage of vital issues and help establish the need for open access to information especially through digital technologies.
- To explore areas of expertise by theoretical observations, methods and issues central to knowledge in the field through high impact projects.
- To create an area of study and academic discussion through specific programs to conduct academic research across disciplines, institutions and communities
- Engage in collaborative links with other institutions of higher learning and research agencies locally and globally.
- Media Literacy
- Media Effects & Perception Studies
- Media Technology and Content
- Media Representation