||Centre for Stem Cell Research
||Prof. Dr Alan Ong Han Kiat (UTAR profile)
|Description of Centre:
||The Centre for Stem Cell Research, or CSCR in short, was established on 1st May 2011. The CSCR secretariat is presently located at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS). The Centre aims to promote multi-disciplinary stem cell research activities leading to the advancement of knowledge on the mechanisms of cellular reprogramming and stem cell differentiation to lead the translation of basic research findings into clinical benefits and improvement in the quality of healthcare in Malaysia. The Centre also collaborates with local and overseas universities, community, industry and the government to provide innovative solutions and to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Cellular and Exosomal miRNA profiling platforms with bioinformatic/big data and AI support of Cancer Stem Cells (CSC) models and cancer management
- Development and studies on induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) and Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) derived Exosomes in cell-cell communication.
- Development and studies on MSC therapy for repair of tissue injury
- Development and studies of iPSC and iPSC derived MSC for regenerative medicine and cell therapy
- Establishment of disease iPSC cell models and their differentiated state for Cancer Progression Studies and Drug Therapy
- Development of iPSC derived Organoids