Centre for Power Systems and Electricity
||Ir. Prof. Dr. Lim Yun Seng (UTAR profile)
|Description of Centre:
Our long-term vision is to be a leading research centre in power engineering and supply of electricity in this region
- To develop innovative solutions for cheap, effective and reliable supply of electricity under various clean technologies.
- To produce highly competent researchers and engineers in power systems through the collaboration with international research communities.
- To bring economic and social improvements to the country through the use of cutting-edge technologies in power systems in collaboration with industrial partners.
- Power System Analysis
- Power Protection System
- Integration of Renewable Energy Sources
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Energy Storage Systems
- Smart Grid
- Climate Change
- Cities, Urban and Suburban Energy Use
- Nuclear Energy
- High Voltage Engineering
- Electrification for Railway System