|Description of Centre:
||The Centre for Mathematical Sciences (CMS) is an interdisciplinary centre that promotes fundamental research in mathematics and applies mathematical methods to solve problems in computational sciences, physical sciences, biological sciences, engineering and finance, leading to deeper understanding of mathematical theory and improved application of mathematics in the said areas.
The goals of the research centre are stated as follows:
- To bring together mathematicians and researchers from theoretical mathematics, computational sciences, physical sciences, life sciences, engineering and finance backgrounds to tackle fundamental problems requiring significant mathematical input.
- To train outstanding young mathematicians to carry out research in their chosen field of mathematics and/or in interdisciplinary fields of research.
- To provide a platform for the young and/or experienced researchers to interact on issues/research related to emerging areas of mathematics and their applications in other disciplines
- To act as a resource centre for the Malaysian mathematics research and/or education communities
- To provide consultancy in a variety of areas, including mathematical modelling, scientific programming, data analytics and visualization.