|Elucidating the underlining mechanism of SARS-CoV-2 induced lung damage and the immunomodulatory function of iPSC derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (iMSC) on infected lung organoids
|Sg Long Campus
|1. A Masters degree in Biomedical Sciences / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology or other related discipline (A 1st class honours Bachelor degree is strongly encouraged to apply for direct entry into the PhD position).
2. Strong interest in using stem cells as and tissue culture work as a disease model and to investigate molecular mechanisms of regeneration.
3. Have experienced working with cell/tissue culture techniques. However, training will be provided for successful candidates.
|Specific Skills / Knowledge Required
|1. To conduct and present findings of literature review in relation to the field of study
2. To conduct cell culture and maintenance of stem cells
3. To conduct molecular analysis with qRT-PCR and Western Blot 4. To establish organoids from the differentiation process of iPSCs
5. To investigate the regenerative mechanism of stem cells using molecular tools and markers
6. To publish PhD findings
|Field of Study Related to the Research Project
|Sciences and Health Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy (Medical Science))
|How to Apply
|If you are interested, please contact Prof. Dr. Alan Ong Han Kiat via email at firstname.lastname@example.org