The UTAR Postdoctoral Research Scheme comprises of two categories:

  1. UTAR Postdoctoral Research Scholarship (hereafter referred as UTAR PRS)
  2. UTAR-Industry Postdoctoral Programme (hereafter referred as UTAR IPP)
For non-Malaysians (currently must be working at his/her home country), the conditions of attachment are subject to the prevailing rules, regulations and conditions enforced by the Malaysian Immigration Department.

Please send your completed application form (and referee form) with supporting documents (via email) to Ms. Azura (

Please download ATTACHMENT A for full description of the supporting documents required.

Application Procedure:
  1. Application is open throughout the year.
  2. Invitation to apply may be advertised at the discretion of the Director IPSR
  3. Applications must be made through the stipulated form which can be downloaded from the UTAR website.
  4. Duly completed forms with supporting documents must be submitted to the Director, Institute of Postgraduate Studies and Research.
  5. Candidates must show original documents/certificates when reporting to assume duty.
Location: UTAR Sungai Long Campus / UTAR Kampar Campus
Living Allowance: RM4,500.00 / month
Other Forms/Guideline for current PRS Holder
  1. GD-IPSR-R&D-014 Guidelines
  2. FM-IPSR-R&D-050 Target Setting Form
  3. FM-IPSR-R&D-051 Progress Report From


There are no available vacancies at the moment