Teaching & Administration
- Consultant, JLQ Enterprise, 1998 - present.
- Technical Director, Profmetal Sdn Bhd, from 2008 - present.
- In-house consultant & mentor for TNB Research, 2002 - present.
- Consultant to insurance companies on forensic analysis.
- Consultant to tin mining industries in Indonesia, 2004 - present.
- Consultant to metal/foundry/casting industries, 1970s - present.
- Senior Research Fellow, University of Malaya, 1999 to 2002.
- Associate Professor in University of Malaya, 1985 to 1999.
- Tutor, University of Malaya, 1967 to 1968.
- Taught courses such as engineering drawing, hydraulics, strength of materials, mechanical design, wear & corrosion, fracture & fatigue at the University of Malaya from 1970 to 2002
- Also supervised 4 Master's students during this period.
Funded Research Projects
- Fracture & fatigue; failure analysis.
- Foundry technology.
- Metallurgy of austenitic manganese steels and high chromium irons.
- Heat treatment of steels.
- Abrasive/erosive wear.
- Corrosion under insulation of a very large, multi-layered roof.
- IRPA funded project on reverse technology, to produce local castings for automotive use, worth about RM 130,000 (1990s).
- 2.5-year, RM 1.5 million project, funded by Sanko Industrial, to solve corrosion problems at the KLIA roof during fabrication (1999 to 2002).
- Past chaiman of two SIRIM Technical Committees, on Castings and on Lifting Devices respectively. Has produced a few Malaysian Standards.
- Have been involved in IEM committees.
- Have a very wide experience in the forensic analysis of engineering failures, covering mechanical, metallurgical and electrical equipment, and steel structures. Have more than 400 reports to my credit.
- Am conducting professional courses on material related topics for industry.
- Was expert witness on the Royal Commission of Inquiry into the Sengkang train derailment in the 1990s.
- Was the Independent consultant into the collapse of the Putra LRT Launcher in the 1990s.