Teaching & Administration
- House officer, Kuala Lumpur Hospital (2001 to 2002)
- Medical officer, Kuala Lumpur Hospital (2002 to 2006)
- Medical officer, National University of Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC) (2006 to 2008)
- Registrar in psychiatry, National University of Malaysia Medical Centre (UKMMC) (2008 to 2009)
medical lecturer & psychiatrist, Department of Psychiatry, Faculty
of Medicine & Health Sciences, UPM (2009 till
1. Mindfulness & positive psychology
2. Anxiety & depressive disorders
3. Wellness program for undergraduates
4. Spirituality & well-being
5. Meditation & mind-body medicine
1. Psychiatry/psychological medicine
2. Mindfulness-based psychotherapy
3. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Mindfulness for stress reduction among medical students by UPM.
• Mindfulness for stress reduction among general adults in the community by MySihat/MOH.
Phang, C.K., Chiang, K.C., Keng, S-L. (2014). Mindful-S.T.O.P.:
Mindfulness Made Easy for Stress Reduction in Medical Students.
Education in Medicine Journal, 6(3), 48-56.
2. Phang, C. K.,
& Oei, T. P. S. (2012). From Mindfulness to Meta-mindfulness:
Further Integration of Meta-mindfulness Concept and Strategies into
Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy. Mindfulness, 3(2), 104-116.
Hee, K.L., Pathmawati, S., Norsiah, R., Phang, C.K. (2014). The effects
of mindfulness training program on reducing stress and promoting
well-being among nurses in critical care units. Australian Journal of
Advance Nursing, 31 (3), 22-31.
4. Phang, C.K., Ang, J.K.,
Kayatri, S. (2013). An Asian Case of Clinical Vampirism. Malaysian
Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 9 (1), 87-89.
Phang, C.K., Marhani, M., Salina, A.A. Traditional Healers Are Causing
Treatment Delay Among Patients With Psychosis In Hospital Kuala Lumpur:
Fact Or Fallacy? Asean Journal of Psychiatry, 11 (2), 2010.
Tee, B.C., Phang, C.K., Rasidi, A, Rushdan, M., Aliyas, I., Hatta, S.
2013. The Prevalence and Risk Factors of Major Depressive Disorders in
Gynaecological Cancer Patients – A Study From Malaysia. Malaysian
Journal of Medicine & Health Sciences, 10(1).
7. Tan, S. M.
K., Jong, S. C., Chan, L. F., Jamaludin, N. A., Phang, C. K.,
Jamaluddin, N. S. (2013). Physician, heal thyself: The paradox of
anxiety amongst house officers and work in a teaching hospital.
Asia-Pacific Psychiatry, 5, 74-81.
8. Phang CK, Sherina MS,
Zubaidai JO, Khin Ohnmar Naing@ Noor Jan, Firdaus M, Siti Irma Fadhilah
Ismail and Normala I. (2015). Prevalence of Psychological Stress
among Undergraduate Students Attending a Health Program in a Malaysian
9. Phang, C.K., Marhani, M., Salina, A.A.
Pathway to Psychiatric Care for Patients with First-Episode Psychosis
in Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Malaysian Journal of Medicine & Health
Sciences, 7(2), 2011.
10. Phang, C.K., Marhani, M., Salina, A.A.
Prevalence and Experience of Contact with Traditional Healers Among
Patients with First-Episode Psychosis in Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry, 19 (2), 2010.
11. Normala I,
Zubaidah JO, Naing KO Noor Jan, Irma FI, Phang CK, M Firdaus, Sherina
MS (2015). Reliability and Factor structure of the General Health
Questionnaire-12 among university students. Malaysian Journal of
Medicine & Health Sciences.
12. Chan, L.F., Phang, C.K.,
Loo, T.H., Ong, L.Y., Tuti I., Suarn, S., Rabaiah, M.S. Factors
Influencing Inpatient Duration Among Insanity Acquitees In A Malaysian
Mental Institution. Asean Journal of Psychiatry, 11 (1): Jan-June, 2010.
1. I’m Still Human: Understanding Depression with Kindness.
2. Jom-Lah Fikir: A Guide on Transforming Thoughts for Your Wellbeing.
3. No Worry-Lah Be Happy: A Medical Student’s Motivational Guide.
4. Don’t Worry, Be Healthy – A Buddhist Guide for Health & Healing.
5. Psych-CLEAR: Psychopathology Made Clear & Easy for Medical Students.
6. Should A Person With Mental Illness Meditate?
7. Mindful-Gym Home DVD: A Self-Help Stress Reduction & Wellness program.
8. MINDFUL-Gym Audio CD: Guided Mindfulness-based Relaxation & Wellness.
9. Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR) Made Clear & Simple - DVD & Book.
10. 3G-Gratitude: Card Game for Cultivating Happiness.Professional Membership:
• Malaysian Psychiatric Association (Member)
• Malaysian Society of Behavioral Medicine (Member)
• KL Buddhist Mental Health Association (President)