Teaching & Administration
- He is an Associate Professor at the School of Economics, University of South Pacific, Fiji Islands from 1998 to the present.
- He is the Reserve Bank of Fiji Chair of Monetary Economics from 1998 to the present.
- He was a Post Doctoral Research Scholar of University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand in 1997-1998.
- He was a Senior Economist at the Asian Development Bank during 1982-1997.
- In the University of South Pacific, he has been teaching Monetary Economics.and Pacific Island Economies.
- In the University of South Pacific, he hold such administrative positions as Member of Board of Studies and Member on the Board of Editors for Journal of Pacific Studies.
- He was a Visiting Lecturer of University of Hawaii, Hawaii in 1996 - 1998, 2002 and 2003.
- He was a Visiting Lecturer of the University of Canterbury, NZ in 1997-1998..
Publications & Presentations
- His research interests are mainly in economic integration in the Pacific, single currency for the Pacific Island Countries, and monetary policies in the Pacific Island Countries.
Awards & Honours
- He authored and co-authored 5 book chapters.
- He has published more than 10 international refereed journal papers.
- He has given 15 presentations at conference proceedings and seminars.
- He received the USP Vice-Chancellor's 2008 Prize for Best Staff Research Publication.
- He received the Best Conference Paper Award at the University of Arab Emirates, Al Ain in 2005.
- He received the Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Macmillan Brown Centre for Pacific Studies, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 1997 - 1998.
- He received the Fulbright-Mundt Travel Grant, 1972-1975.
- He received the Doctoral Intern from the Technology & Development Institute, East-West Center in 1975.
- He received the East-West Center Grant, University of Hawaii in 1968-1969.
- He received the Gold Medal Award for Economics from the University of Madras in 1957.