Membership & Terms of Reference
Members of the UTAR Global Research Network shall be designated as International Collaborative Partners (ICPs)
of the network.
Academics, researchers and technologists who are related to UTAR in one or more of the following ways may be invited to be ICPs of UTAR Global Research Network.
- External examiners of various UTAR academic programmes
- Adjunct faculty of UTAR
- External advisors of UTAR
- Industry advisors of UTAR faculties
- Research collaborators of UTAR
Academics, scientists, researchers and technologists who are deemed suitable may be appointed to be ICPs by the President of UTAR.
Terms of Reference
The ICPs are expected to carry out one or more of the following responsibilities for UTAR.
- To advise UTAR on academic and research strategy, plan, implementation, and other aspects
- To collaborate with UTAR academics and researchers in research projects
- To jointly source research funding with UTAR academics and researchers both locally or internationally
- To provide advice and supervision for UTAR research postgraduates
- To visit UTAR for certain research related activities such as seminars, conference, sabbatical attachment, short course, research meetings, etc.
ICPs shall be entitled to the following benefits:
- The use of designation in UTAR in all official events and correspondence
- Local hospitality from UTAR during official visit to the university
- Access to UTAR's lab and research and office facilities
- Access to local and international research funding which can be jointly applied with UTAR
to download Nomination Form.