||The centre was established in 2009 with the aim to advance knowledge and foster a culture of research in the areas of business and management. In carrying out our mission, Center for Business and Management is committed to:
- inculcate a strong research culture within a dynamic and efficient team of academic and support staff,
- advance knowledge of business and management practices through high quality research,
- promote the role of UTAR in nation building in which the research findings and practical implications are useful for industry practitioners to better manage their businesses,
- provide the opportunity for faculty staff and students, both undergraduate and postgraduate, to learn and to conduct research,
- serve as a platform for research collaboration between universities and industry,
- attract research funding from external sources by seeking/securing awards from the corporate sector; project, grants or other types of awards,
- organise activities or events to promote journal publications among faculty and students such as having training workshops and seminars.