CREST R&D Grant Cycle
Collaborative Research in
Engineering, Science & Technology (CREST) Center has
announced the opening of application for CREST R&D
Grant Cycle 1/2016 to researchers from the
institutions of higher learning and the industries.
The grant is intended to drive new technology
development and innovation of products and solutions
for the intended market.
Applications will be processed based on 2 cycles.
Schedule is as follows:
Due date of submission to IPSR
Due date of submission to CREST
31 Jan 2016
29 Feb 2016
31 July 2016
31 August 2016
Guidelines & Application form
Basic Terms & Conditions for Cycle 1/2016
1. Research project involves at least one company
pairing with at least one university.
2. At least one of the universities involved must be
located in Malaysia.
3. Companies involved must be registered in
4. Companies involved must not be owned by the
5. Either project lead or principal investigator
must be Malaysian citizen. In the event the project
lead and principal investigator is the same person,
he/she must be Malaysian citizen.
6. Full-time post-graduate student researchers and
full-time post-doctorate researchers whose tuition
fees and/or allowance are paid by CREST R&D Grant
must be Malaysian citizen.
7. Students involved in the research project
(regardless of whether allowance/tuition fee is paid
by CREST Grant) shall not be the project lead.
8. Approved funded research duration corresponds to
research scope. Maximum approved duration is not
more than 3 years.
9. Company contribution is at least 50% of total
research project budget.
10. Any equipment and software purchased under CREST
R&D Grant is owned by CREST.
11. Each approved research project is obligated to
meet stated deliverable obligation (see below).
12. Project funded by CREST R&D Grant must not share
any of its deliverables to meet other grant
obligation (except for university’s contribution for
All applications must be:
1. Assessed and recommended by the respective
Research Centre; and
2. Recommended by Faculty before the submission to
Both forms are available at UTAR Research Portal >>>http://research.utar.edu.my/handbook/b.
Documents to be submitted in one (1) set of hardcopy
and softcopy (Email):
i. CREST R&D Project-Application-Form-Rev 5
ii. Budget (Excel spreadsheet);
iii. Executive Summary
iv. Support letter by Academia R&D APPLICATION 001;
v. Support letter by Industry R&D APPLICATION 002;
vi. Recommendation form from Research Centre &
Contact person in IPSR:
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 846
email@example.com Ext 848