12-point visions are:
1. Recognize and advance faculty expertise
2. Engage undergraduate and graduate students in
experiential learning opportunities through service and
3. Apply intellectual capacity of UTAR to the needs of
4. Market those capacities to the public and private
5. Provide opportunities to integrate teaching, research
6. Encourage multidisciplinary collaboration
7. Facilitate the administration of externally supported
8. Attract significant external research income
9. Demonstrate the potential for attracting external
10. Provide services useful to the community.
11. Collaboration with research centers and universities
locally and worldwide.
12. Demonstrate national leadership and international
recognition for excellence.
The purpose of the center is to research and develop
sustainable solutions for the built environment with
particular reference to the tropical conditions. The
experience and results from the research will be
documented to reinforce the teaching of architecture and
train the next generation of architects with competency
and awareness in sustainable design.