Research Groups under CMS
Algebraic Applications Research Group
Applied Numerical Modelling Group
- To conduct research in areas of algebraic systems that complements the existing research groups in CMS while extending the boundary of knowledge in their discipline.
Applied Statistics, OR and Stochastic Modelling Group
- To undertake research in the field of computational fluid dynamics, and mathematical modelling on long wave phenomena including tsunami and storm surge.
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Group
- To study the application of statistical methods in quality control, experimental design and other applications;
- To study different operations research and stochastic models in everyday applications like queuing networks and renewal models in insurance claims.
Mathematical Image and Video Analysis Group
- To undertake research in the areas of functional genomic analysis related to RNA and genomic complexity.
Portfolio Management and Financial Mathematics Group
- To undertake research in the areas of image and video analysis including quality assessment, compression, segmentation and pattern recognition processes.
- To investigate and compare different universal portfolios in investment and to study stochastic and deterministic models of finance.